Yesterday the early sun light found me curled up on the couch under a mint green blanket reading a massive nutrition textbook. After several hours of reviewing materials I promised myself a treat to help me stay focused so I dragged myself to the kitchen in search of something to feed my brain; something containing glucose paired with some good, stable fats for a slow absorption. After staring at my refrigerator shelf for about ten minutes I moved on to the pantry, scanning all the shelves and grabbing out random little goodies. The results of my little expedition were these amazing treats which gave me plenty of brain power to keep studying and ace my test 😉
- 1 cup pitless dried medjool dates, find it here
- 1 cup of dried cranberry
- 1/4 cup of cacao, find it here
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, find it here
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1 /2 cup of dried coconut flakes, find it here
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, find it here
1/2 cup of dried coconut flakes, find it here
1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Shape them into small bite size pieces either by hand or with a cookie dough scoop. They might be a little crumbly; if they are just add a little be extra coconut oil and a few more almonds to keep it together. Your hand will get a little messy from the cacao!
3. Roll the treats in dried coconut flakes and place them in the refrigerator for ten minutes.
P.S. I took these to work to share with my coworkers too and , *ahem* I ended up eating most of them myself. Next time I will make a triple batch so I can share with them and with my husband, who got to eat only two. They just tasted too good! I promise you wont be able to stop eating them;)