- 6-8 slices of nitrate free, organic bacon, chopped
- 1-large sweet onion, thinly chopped
- 4 -medium red or Yukon gold potatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen corn
- About 2 quarts of homemade chicken broth, find it here
- 2 cups of organic, preferably raw, whole milk
- 1 cup of organic, preferably raw, heavy cream
- 1/2 cup raw cheddar, optional
- 2-3 tsp of Sea Salt, find it here
- 2-3 tsp of black crushed pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
1. Slice the bacon into small pieces.
2. Dice the onions.
3. Dice the potatoes.
Like this : )
4. In the pan in which you intend to cook the soup, fry the chopped bacon. When at the desired crispness remove with a slotted spoon, leaving the fat in the pot.
5. Throw the onions in the bacon fat and cook them until they are translucent.
6. Add the salt, pepper, and turmeric.
7. Add the homemade chicken broth and potatoes.
This is where I stopped taking pictures of the rest of the steps. I got too distracted tasting the soup and munching on bacon bits. So sorry!
8. Let it simmer for twenty minutes or until potatoes are cooked all the way through.
9. Right before the potatoes reach perfect done-ness, add the milk, cream, corn, bacon, and cheese.
10. Let it simmer for ten minutes.